Hondo High School Parental
Hondo High School recognizes parents as partners in providing
all children with a quality education. Hondo High School
respects the unique knowledge and experience of parents knowing
that they are the first and most important teachers in their
To ensure that parents are actively involved in their children's
education, it is the policy of Hondo High School:
- To create a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere for
- To convene an annual meeting to acquaint parents with the
campus, their children's teachers, instruction and programs
including Title One programs.
- To provide multiple methods to communicate important
information to parents to keep them informed of programs,
curriculum, and academic assessments used to measure student
progress and the state's academic content and achievement
standards. All information oral or written related to school
parent programs will be provided in a format and language that the
parents can understand.
- To provide parents with opportunities to volunteer at Hondo
High School following the volunteer guidelines which include a
criminal history check for all volunteers.
- To provide opportunities for parents to be involved at various
levels in planning and decision making and also provide timely and
repeated opportunities for parents to provide feedback to the
- To serve as a referral resourse for parents to enable them to
locate the services they need for a safe and healthy family.